|Overview of the San Jacinto state park (courtesy: Google images)|
There is always plenty of stuff to do in Houston during April. Since it’s still a few days before the humid summer arrives, you can have a splendid time enjoying outdoor activities.
A trip to the San Jacinto battleground is my recommendation. It's great for a couple, a group of rambunctious teens, or a gaggle of active adults looking for excitement, entertainment and some serious fun in H-town.
Things To Do With A Group
San Jacinto State Park
- San Jacinto Monument
- Battleship San Jacinto
- San Jacinto Battleground Site
- Crosby-Lynchburg Ferry
Here’s some other important details on the San Jacinto State Park you should know:
- Adult: Free
- Child 12 Years and Under : Free
- Group - Adult: Contact the Park
- Open daily except for Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.
- Battleground 9 a.m. – 6 p.m.
- Museum of History 9 a.m – 6 p.m.
- Monument and Observation Floor 9 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
The park is conveniently located a short 35 mile jaunt from downtown Houston. It makes a nice half hour ride anytime of year. I’d put it on my list of places to visit for Saturday getaways for Houston couples.
Link To this post!